Thursday, June 17, 2010

Car Seat Blues

We upgraded the Kiddo's car seat.  His current seat, the Graco Snugride 32, is rated for (wait for it) 32 lbs and 32 inches.  He's only about 28 lbs now but it's nearly impossible to fit him in the seat.  It's become a taxing, origami-like trick to fit his little arms and shoulders under the straps.  He's very squished and Mom and Dad are frustrated.

Snugride Indeed!


We picked up the Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 seat.  I fell in love with it.  We could use it as a car seat till 80 lbs and then a booster till 100 lbs.  We put it together and then I realized that it didn't have a rear-facing option.  D'oh!  I never even thought to check because you can begin using at 20lbs and I figured that it must have the option.  Wrong.

This seat feels like a tank-I loved it.


I know the whole rear-facing issue is hotly debated but, for me, I insist that even though he surpassed 20 lbs long ago, he be rear-facing till at least 1 year.  He's not even 9 months old.


So back to the store.  We wound up with the Graco MyRide 65.  Apparently, we have a thing for Graco.  Overall, the seat is okay.  We can only use it until 65 lbs at which time we'll need to upgrade to a booster, but I can live with that.

It's got 2(!) cupholders.  Somehow, I doubt my 8 month-old will be double-fisting sippy cups.


D's going to install it in the Subaru tonight so that Little Bit can ride in style to Houston tomorrow.  I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. Dax won't be double fisting Sippy cups, silly. The other cupholder is for Aunt V's beverage. mwhahah...

    I'll bring the crate of chickens for this weekend's trip. :)

    ReplyDelete