I haven't updated in a month and a half. Sigh. I always fall off the wagon with updates for some reason.
Updates on the garden:
1) The squash and zucchini are gone. Vine borers got to them. Nasty little buggers.
2) The okra is done for. We went out of town and didn't harvest them for 8 days and they stopped fruiting.
3) The tomatoes are on hiatus due to the heat. Hopefully, we'll have a great fall harvest.
4) The cucumbers are still going gangbusters. We didn't trellis them and they've taken over about 10% of our entire yard!
5) The peppers (bell, poblano and jalapeño) are still doing great.
6) The strawberries are flourishing. They've been producing daughters like mad so we've been rooting them. Soon we'll have to expand the plot we dug for them.
Overall, it's been tough to get out to the garden when it's been so hot and humid the last month. In a few more weeks, we'll pull up all but the tomatoes and strawberries and start a winter garden. We're still not sure if we're going to do the winter in our backyard or if we'll get a plot at the community garden. Stay tuned for more updates.