Sunday, April 10, 2011

Twinkle Toes

Bending over is like folding a grapefruit.

I'm on my 15th week of Weight Watchers.  I've always hated diets.  In fact, I've never actually gone on one in my entire life.  But lately, I've realized that I was trying to persuade my 18 month-old son to sit still for the only reason that I just didn't want to move.  I was tired, my feet hurt, my knees hurt.  And it wasn't like I'd worked hard that day.  I'm just overweight and out of shape.  Bah.

I've lost a little over 20 lbs and am down nearly 2 sizes so far but I hit a plateau the last 4 weeks.  Between traveling between Austin and Houston, taking care of my son, my grandmother and just being disorganized, I haven't been keeping up with my healthy eating or exercise.  The good news is that at least I haven't gained any weight either.

I still have nearly 80 lbs to go.  I try not to think in terms of how much I have to lose in total.  It's too overwhelming.  I just try to maintain a 1-2 lb loss every week and set small goals like losing 5% of my total weight.  That seems to provide me the motivation I need without crushing my soul.

I'm planning on getting down to a healthy weight by March of 2012.  I feel that's enough time to lose the weight slowly and healthfully.  I'll be doing weekly summaries every Sunday of my weight loss efforts in order to keep me honest.


No comments:

Post a Comment